Monday, July 21, 2008

Headlines 7/21/2008

CNN: "Dollar slips; investors mull corporate results"

Nice to know someone's mulling it over, perhaps over a mug of joe while their minds wander around aimlessly, maybe every once in a while coming close to a thought about how fucked the people of this country are...

"The greatness of a country can, to a large degree, be measured. Here are some numbers. Infant mortality rate: America ranks 48th in the world. Overall health: 72nd. Freedom of the press: 44. Literacy: 55th...America is a debtor nation to Mexico. We're not on a bridge to the 21st century, we're on a bus to Atlantic City with a roll of quarters. And this is why it bugs me that so many people talk like it's 1955 and we're still #1 in everything. We're not, and I take no glee in saying this, because I love my country and I wish we were. But when you're #55 in this category and #92 in that one, you look a little silly waving the big foam #1 finger."
- Bill Maher

No comments: